Friday, July 13, 2012

The Beginning is the START!

Well....here it goes....This is my very first blog ever! I am not sure where to begin! I am starting a new journey in my life. It is called "Taking care of ME"! I have spent the majority of my life taking care of others....from siblings.... to my own children....5 of them to be exact (children). Now that they are all grown and going about their own lives all over the United States and now it is ME time!

My first goal is to be better at my eating habits. I want to know without a doubt that the food I am putting in my mouth is a good food choice. I can't say that I will never make a bad choice but I am hopeful and mindful of my choices.....even though just thinking about a Snickers and Pepsi make my mouth water.....I will be better at my choices.

Second goal is to increase my movement....yes...that means EXERCISE!! It's not that I don't like to exercise cuz I do....its just that I have a difficult time MAKING the time to do it! So I guess the most important part of this goal is to MAKE the time! I even pay for a membership to the "Y" (and let me tell ya...that's not cheap) and I don't use it enough to pay for it!! What is that about? I hate wasting money!!

My third goal is to participate in another 5K! On Mothers Day I participated and finished my first ever 5K run....I didn't run....but I did finish! It was a very freeing day for me....to know that I can do it! I really can do it! and it's not about the time on the clock....its about finishing and I finished it in 1 hour! I would like to complete the next one in less time and I will.... I can DO it! and maybe next time I can run at least half.....if it's not up these Seattle hills....cuz than I just might crawl.....either way... I will DO it!!

I will post a beginning picture after I figure out how this blogging thing really works! Until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. Sooo proud of YOU! I will be here for you in any capacity needed! :) Let's go girl! I took my before pics...scary!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...pics are always scary....but they tell the truth!

    ReplyDelete